I have heard from a lot of you lately about having difficulty falling asleep. The next time you find yourself counting sheep with no results, try this breathing technique instead:
- Begin by inhaling and exhaling normally.
- Do a body scan from your toes to the crown of your head. Relax every part of your body in sequential order from bottom to top.
- After your entire body is relaxed, start breathing in to the count of 6, and exhaling to the count of 6. Breathe deep in your low belly. Repeat several times.
- Then, breathe in to the count of 6, and exhale to the count of 7 or 8. Continue with a longer exhale for several minutes until you relax even deeper.
- If your mind starts monkeying around, bring your attention back to your breath.
- Have sweet dreams….